You are here:


Denbighshire County Council - Housing Services

Assessment of entitlement to housing for people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. Provision of housing for people considered in priority need of housing. Temporary accommodation may be available while enquiries are made about eligibility. General housing advice and information for private and council tenants and homeless people. Out of hours emergencies phone 01745 351205.

Care and Repair - Denbighshire

Advice and practical assistance on home improvements, repairs and adaptations for older people and people with disabilities. Also offer advice on grants and energy efficiency measures. Arrange for estimates from approved contractors, assess for value for money and monitor the quality of the work. Advice and assistance with financial help and meeting the costs of repairs.

Benefit Advice Shop

Advice and specialist help for the general public on welfare benefits. Assistance with completing forms and requesting reviews and appeals. Representation at social security, medical, disability, housing benefit and council tax benefit appeal tribunals. Assistance with appeals to commissioners.

St Vincent de Paul Furniture Store

Distribute recycled furniture and household items to people in need who have been referred by a network of local agencies.

Disability Resources Centre

Demonstration and information resource centre for disabled people, their families, carers and professionals. Deal with the practical aspects of daily living. Display of equipment and the opportunity to try out the equipment. Mobility equipment repair service. Disabled drivers assessment centre. Outreach services and home visits available.


Provides a range of services for disabled people and their carers. Services vary according to area but include advice and advocacy, shopmobility services and carers support. Carers helpline in Wirral on 0151 670 0777, signposting and counselling services. Carers emergency card and drop-in sessions. Support for people who have had a stroke. Outreach services.

Denbighshire CAB - Rhyl

Advice and information on a range of issues, including benefits and welfare rights, consumer issues, employment and housing rights, legal issues, money and debt. Tribunal advocacy.

DIAL House - Chester

Advice and information on all aspects of disability for people with physical or sensory disabilities, mental health problems aor learning difficulties. Casework in welfare benefits. Advice on rights, access, community care, discrimination, jobs, holidays, travel, housing, adaptations, mobility and transport, specialised equipment, sports and leisure.

Denbigh Youth Project

Advice, information and drop-in service for young people aged 14-25. Subjects covered include drugs and alcohol, benefits, sexual health, budgeting and independent living. Lunch club on Tuesdays and Thursdays run by health/nutrition worker. Broadband internet access. Accredited workshops.

Vision Support

Local advice, support and services for visually impaired people. Advice on independent living, visiual aids and equipment. Home visits and befriending. Resource centre and mobile units. Social activities and clubs. Transcription through the centre's trading arm.